current date time
Page Updated on 16 Feb 2018
Indian Academy of Pediatrics Intensive Care Chapter
IAP-Intensive Care Chapter, India
Welcome to IAP-Intensive Care Chapter, India
In past decade Pediatric Critical Care has rapidly grown in India but still remains a developing branch as far as Indian scenario is concerned and there are not many places in India where satisfactory critical care is being delivered to the needy children. As an effort to promote this filed of pediatric intensive care in India IAP Intensive Care Chapter was established in 1998.
- To encourage and advance the knowledge study and practice of the science of pediatrics in general & pediatric INTENSIVE CARE particularly, in all possible ways. and establish specialized pediatric training centers.
- To organize conferences, lectures, meetings, seminars, exhibitions, medical relief camps and allied activities for the promotion of its objectives, on its own or jointly with any other organizations or institution, to contribute by way of donations or contributions to any such organizations or institutions for promotions of the objects.
- To promote scientific collaboration of its members and make guidelines regarding standards for their practice and professional conduct.
- To organize, establish, conduct, superintend or control institutions for promoting directly or indirectly, practice, study and research in pediatric INTENSIVE CARE in any of its aspects.
- To establish and maintain libraries, reading rooms, laboratories and research centers for the promotion of its objects.
- To provide facilities to students, scholars and institutions for the study of or research in pediatric INTENSIVE CARE in any of its aspects by way of scholarships, fellowships, grants, endowments, etc.
- To found, maintain or award, either itself or in co-operation with other bodies or persons, fellowships, prizes, certificates, diplomas of proficiency in the science of pediatrics and conduct such tests, examinations or other scrutiny as may be prescribed from time to time.
- To print and publish and official Journal of the society, books, periodicals or publications which the chapter thinks desirable for the promotion of its objects.
- To train up personnel for carrying out the objects of the chapter and to incur necessary expenses for the purpose.
- To consider and express its views on all questions affecting child health in India and to study, suggest, criticize or otherwise, advise or take part in the framing of laws affecting the science and practice of pediatrics and particularly in pediatric critical care diseases.
- To co-operate, affiliate with other bodies and to engage in such other forms of activities as may be decided upon by the IAP IC chapter from time to time for carrying out all or any of the objects of the society.
So, get involved and contribute your valuable time and efforts to make the chapter grow, as, at the end of the day this will help chances of survival of every critically ill child in India."